John McDonnell, MP for Hayes and Harlington praises of Hayes and Uxbridge Citizens Advice Bureau’s impact on improving the nations mental health
This World Mental health Day 10th October 2014 is echoing the call of Citizens Advice staff and volunteers and urging people to seek advice for their debt, benefits and employment problems.
New national research from Citizens Advice finds:
- 2 in 3 Citizens Advice clients feel stressed, depressed or anxious as a result of the problem they came to the charity for help about
- Almost three in four people (73 per cent) seeking debt help from Citizens Advice said their money worries were making them feel stressed, depressed or anxious
- After debt problems benefits are the issue second most likely to damage people’s mental health (67 per cent)
- Employment problems are third most likely to cause people distress (65 per cent).
- After getting advice, 4 in 5 people said they felt their mental wellbeing improved as a result of the help they received from Citizens Advice.
John said: “over the years I have worked with staff from Hayes and Uxbridge CABs and I am very grateful to them for the service that they provide to my constituents at a time when they are most vulnerable”